Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Baptism

Last month Elyse finally had her baptism. I made her dress from my wedding dress. Let me tell you...I have made pillows, I have made curtains, but the dress was a trial. I was almost in tears at one point thinking I would need to start over. My mom's sewing machine, which is older than I am, kept breaking and snagging the fabric. If I were using other fabric it would have been fine. But there wasn't much left of my wedding dress to start over. Luckily I was able to finish after purchasing a new sewing machine.



The day was beautiful. Elyse was Baptised at Our Lady Of Lourdes parish in University City, Missouri. Grandma and Papa Hechko, cousin Austin, cousin McKenna, Grandma and Grandpa Hill, Grammy, Aunt Jenny and Uncle Bill were all there for the occasion. It was nice to have a busy house, for a while anyway.


Uncle Bill and Aunt Jenny were her God Parents







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for blogs! Now I don't have to worry about not knowing whats going on after I leave St. Louis.

I still think you're a rockstar for making that gown, out of your wedding dress no less!

Jodi & Brian said...

So glad your blogging!! It'll be nice to get the low down!

Amazing dress...