Sunday, August 17, 2008

Almost one party!!!

We had a party for Elyse here in St. Louis, the week before her actual b-day. The party was great, lots of good friends and crazy kids having a good time. Luckily the weather here has not been your typical St. Louis weather! The day was warm and not very humid, where it is usually hot and humid.
Planning the first year party was kind of difficult. For one Elyse is not really into any characters or TV shows and she cannot really run around and play. So, I did a jungle theme and Ellie crawled around. Unfortunately she is not walking yet so she was a bit dirty at the end of the day. She seemed to have a great time!


I made the cupcakes! I saw them online and got really excited. I think they actually turned out well! There were elephants, monkeys, giraffes, zebras and lions!



Ellie did well with her cupcake. She enjoyed us singing to her...


I am not sure she knew what to do.
First she poked at it...
Then I had her taste it...
Then she got it!!

The second cupcake made it into her hair...
... after encouragement from Dustin!



1 comments:

Kori said...

Looks super cute and way fun! Happy B-day Ellie!

Okay so I'm having the same dilemma with planning Dane's party (he doesn't really identify with a theme from shows etc.) Your cupcakes are darling. Do you mind sending the instructions or if I potentially copy and borrow from your creative genius? I promise to give you full credit.